Friday, December 3, 2010

HAIR-CUT LIKE THIS... DEJA VU

Yesterday I went to the barber shop. To get a hair cut.

And apparently that second statement just somehow proved how inconveniently readers are nowadays that we need to actually explain almost everything that we wrote. Like that Miss Universe who misplaced China and Korea - despite my uttermost surprise on how a person can make a silly mistake when it is so clear that it's Korea that was having the war prep and not China. What, the news didn't told you that, is it? If only she had the guts to make a note at the end of her Tweet something like 'although I'm not sure which is which', I'm sure she'll be fine and doesn't have to delete her account.

Well, that's quite some intro.

Anyway, yes, I went to the barber shop, at last, and not a high-end saloon, since I think I probably waste less money in a barber shop and come out of the shop with an expected crappy hair style rather than spend a bunch of money and still come out of the saloon with, still, such a crappy hair style. Sometimes I even got a lot of crappier hair cut.



Note: I actually went out just now. Apparently there was this huge, fluffy rabbit that come out of nowhere. I can't take pictures since the family camera is make out of craps and now we can't take pictures. But that thing is so damn cute! I'll try to do a post about my home - which is now literally an animal shelter home, eventually later.



Anyway, I'm practically back at the same shop that I have been to since I'm about one or two years old (source: own Mom), or maybe younger since I don't really remember having hair longer than what I used to have. Which is not that long. Sheesh... 

The barber shop is always filled with people. At least it is always filled with customers whenever I'm in there. Such a bummer. And that old, crinkled old man is always as crinkly, weird, and old as he has always be (did I used 'old' twice? He is old though). And the workers - as in the barbers who really do cut hair when compared to the wrinkly old man who only stands and make gestures as if he is cutting something, only that that something is in midair and is invisible - always change. Which freaks me out even more.

I've once made a hypothesis that that old wrinkly guy is actually training all these Indian barber for work instead, which is new barber, who came here to Malaysia to work as barber. I mean, most of the time, they don't really speaks normal Malay. Including that old wrinkly guy. Oh, and I don't mean to be racist or anything, but the shop is literally an Indian barber shop. Malaysia is practically filled with shops like that, with almost every single place you go you are ought to find one. 

Yesterday, anyway, was somewhat entertaining. I went to the particular barber shop in the evening, with both my parents. Yes, I'm 18, going to do my hair, with both my parents on either sides of mine. But they are not like, there on my side, they just drove me there. Since I don't have any license, yet. And it seems like it's going to take me an eternity to get one. 

Back to the story... There were this family, of a mother and several kids, sitting just outside the shop. I went in, and the old wrinkly owner told me to sit over the waiting area, which is just a high bench with space barely enough for you to put your asshole. Like, the sit space is so small, that is you have a large bum, you are so gonna hate sitting there. But I liked it anyway. *innocent face*

There was this boy right beside me. The old guy gave me a gossip-filled mag, which I hated, but still I flipped through the pages anyway. Then this girl came, and from the way she talked to the boy beside me, she is the little sister to the boy. The bench seems to be a little to tall for her. I was intensely reading flipping through the mag, that I was a little bit late on noticing that the girl was actually using my leg as a pulley for her. Which caught me by surprise!

I mean, well, usually kids at her age, especially girls, are tend to be shy and stuff. And she is not. In fact she is so loud. I mean, talkative. Whatever. She was like talking about something, and I was then looking at her like OMG this girl is good. And then her mom came in and she said something and then the girl replied 'No I want to be with brother' and I was like monologue-ly 'Aww so sweet'. Which is. Sweet. 

And that is probably what I like about life. People - be it amazing, normal, decent, annoying, cranky, stupid, snobbish, gorgeous, kind-hearted, lively, and etc. - never fails to amaze and amuse me. Guess life is full of surprises, huh.
  
But I hate all the guys who have tried to cut my hair recently. Let me make the statement more, umm, precise. I hate every barber who have tried to cut my hair since the final quarter of 2009 until today, including the gay barber. Ugh, I hate gay barber. 


WAIT! Let me rephrase that. I hate sissy barber. That sounds more human righteous now doesn't it? Whatever. 


P/s: It actually took me like 4 days to complete this post, because, surprise surprise!, my land line, I mean, my house land line was cut due to late of bill payment and whatnot, and the stupid modem needs password, don't have/remember generic password, failed to reboot to Internet, sad, depressed, went from online gaming to PS1-lame-game, waited for another three days just for fun, and then, walluh!, post is ready for presentation. You're welcome! :)

No comments: