Wednesday, January 5, 2011

BACK TO THE OLD DAYS

So I'm back to my college, much to my despair. Even much more to my despair I was already here by Sunday. Monday was the day that I registered my subjects that I intend to take this semester. I took 4 this semester. Yesterday I only had 2 classes since the other 2 was off for Tuesday. Today was my first day seeing all my lecturer. I kind off like all of them.

I woke up a bit late today. It is normal, I think. I'm guessing that I am currently adjusting my inner clock, but that is just a talk. This very morning I realized something. Going to university (my university college is now a full time university, as told by my Biology lecturer yesterday), especially one where you are free to wear to your heart contents, is just like a war of fashion. I feel the urge, and the need, to try to do my best to dress appropriately but still stylish. I just can't go on to my university wearing something that I know will make them think I'm normal. I must stand to be among the abnormal people. 

Now that I think about it, I must be a little bit too self-cautious. This ought to be bad. Still, i actually changed twice and have to think more than twice about what to wear to university. I have to plan out my wardrobe for tomorrow starting from today, just so that I can save time. 

My Chemistry lecturer is a Chinese. She is a mother of 2 teenage boys. I know I like her when I first opened the door today. I was late for her class (8.30 AM), since the bus took off rather late today, and the road is filled with machines as always, though I might not blame myself for taking too much time to get ready. Anyway, moving on. When I first opened the door, in which I was 10 minutes late, she kind smiled at me and said 'Please take a seat'. I knew then that I'm loving this lecturer.

Common believe is that a lecturer was supposed to be crazy, scary, and eat food made by some crazy robot that beeps every time you ask them something. But this Chemistry lecturer of mine is very nice and sweet. She has a really loud voice, although I might say that she can really open up herself even more. I'm not talking about the telling-all-dirty-secret kind of open up, just be true to yourself. If you don;t like me putting my head on the table, please, do tell me so. 

The next class is my Mathematics class. When i first heard her name, I thought she was supposedly a Malay. But it turn out to be that she is an Indian. Such a shock. A friend of mine who had the same lecturer for Maths told me that she wore a baju kurung yesterday, which made him wonder even more whether she is a Malay or not. She seems like a very fast paced person, which is expected from every Maths lecturer. I must try to change this mind setting.

At first she was talking about herself, like the usual, and I thought she was going to make us introduce ourselves. But then she asked something, and we all kind of dumb-struck, and the next I knew we were speeding through our newly bought Maths manual. Which is very interesting, since it is practically the same thing that I had learnt back in my school time. Also since that was our very first day of Maths class and the 45th rule of Universal List of School Rule stated that,

"No learning session are supposed to take place when the very first day of class commenced. Except for learning names and background of either the students or the said teacher."

But I guessed she never went through the rule book, so it was okay with me. Although I might add that she kept using the projector when I thought Maths teacher was supposed to make full use of the white/black board. Still, I'm totally cool with whatever way she wanted to do it. 

Then I had my Biology class. I already had my Biology class yesterday, so today we already started learning. Now that I reflected on my class that very morning, it is more like we had went through our questionnaire instead of class. We don't really learned anything today. She just skimmed through the 1st and 2nd unit using tutorials as 'we had already gone through this things last year'. Which is true. I still couldn't grasped the reason why we are doing the same over again. 

Midway our discussion, she told us that she had expected more from us, in a sense that we are a little too quiet. It seems like she wanted her class to be way noisier than what we had been doing. We must bring the volume up. She also said that her morning class was more responsive than we are. I said 'I'm sorry' quietly to her, as I know the reason why we are so quiet. We are trying to conserve every energy we had left just to stay awake in her class since the next slot probably half of the class was going to go have their lunch. I really do hope she'll understand it eventually.

After Biology, I went for lunch with three girls, who among the three I had only know one. I know the other two, but apparently knowing only the looks of their faces and how the sounds like doesn't really count as 'knowing a person'. It must comes with a name. We had our lunch, although I think only my friend and I had our lunch. The other 2 girls only had a snack, which consist of a plate of fries. I won't argue much as I can clearly see from yesterday that they are just not the kind to eat real food. I pity them.

Lastly I had my English class for today. Personally, I dislike my lecturer. He may seems like a good and decent man, but I think he is strict. That is just what I think of him. I should probably add a list of things I think of him, but that kind of seems like I try to belittle him, so I reckon I don't. Apart from what i think of him, I am totally okay with him. He laughs at the appropriate joke, although he sometimes come out with a rather wrong response, even when we are not making joke. And he likes to label himself, and for me, that is even better!

One thing about him that I really hate is the inquiry side of him. He loves to ask question. I realized that since yesterday, when he asked almost everybody at least two question when all we wanted to do was answer his previous three question about ourselves during our introduction. Another thing about him would be that either you have the answer to his question or not, he had prepared one. It may not be related to the question he asked, I might add. 

And that's pretty much what happened in my first three day at university. I want to count all the days until I graduated from this program. I just can't wait for this to end. But for now, I'll try not to be too eager to finish it, as I know there will be a lot to go through before the end, much like the previous semester.  

I've also realized something else. Since I don't own any laptop or PC back at my apartment unit, the time that I spent in the Internet had been cut to a great deal. Usually I'll spent approximately 8 to 10 hours per day, had now been reduced to approximately 2 hours per day. On even worse day, I might just spent half an hour in front of the PC. Although I know I won't die from the lack of technology, knowing that there are technology surrounding me back at my unit just makes me itch for Internet.

But for now, I'll just read 'To Kill A Mockingbird'. Oh, by the way, don't kill a Mockingbird, it is a sin. They sing for you and you kill them. Killing a singing organism that made your day is a sin. So, don't kill Justin Bieber, it is a sin as almost every tween fangirls out day made through their life just by listening to his female voice. Just kill his carrier. That will be good enough.

No comments: