Thursday, June 3, 2010

COLOURED EYES, CRAZY PEOPLE, AND FREE TAMPONS.

And you thought that you had seen the craziest people ever lived.

Well, I didn't actually get to see the real craziest people who ever lived, but I know I've seen people acting crazy. And for me, that's crazy enough.

I don't know what's up with people my age nowadays. They are practically becoming more and more retarded as the world becoming more and more polluted. Got to be something to do with the ozone layer depletion and excessive UV rays. Note to self: Stay inside.

For the past three days, (Friday, May 28th - Sunday, May 30th) I had met many celebrities.Now just to clear things up, celebrities are not just artists, okay? They are people who are easily recognised. Even Wikipedia say so. Thus anybody who is easily noticed by someone else are qualified as a celebrity. That also means that artist or famous people who are not recognisable are not celebrities. That from my view. 

The celebrities I met ranged from artists, to politician and/or ministers, to famous media people, to my friends. Okay, my friends are my celebrities, so just pass that out. I've met artists like Datin Norjuma, Dato' Siti Nurhaliza, Yuna, Bittersweet, Caprice, Hunny Madu, Fara Fauzana, Paul Moss, JFK, Bienda, Hafiz, Adibah Noor, Lapsap, and God-knows- who.  

Besides artist I had also met some of the people who made sure that this country is moving, and that the Earth is still spinning. Though I think that is just an exaggeration. I've met people like The Minister of Youth and Sport, the deputy Minister of  International Trade and Industry, the Deputy Secretary-General of ASEAN, the American Ambassador, the deputy Minister of Higher Education, the Vice President of Malaysian Youth Council, and (also) God-knows-who.

Meeting all this people, sadly, hadn't changed me much. Unlike other people who had experienced starstruck. Which I personally think is a stupid way to act, especially in front of these people. I mean they are people, just like us. The only difference is that she/he made more money a day than you did, and that they are a lot more famous than you are, regardless of the number of friends you have in Facebook. 

It really moved me seeing these people, who claimed (by me) to be so starstruck-ed, that they could run all over a country just to get a picture with these famous people. I mean, of course they are famous, but guys, if you claimed that you met and probably mingled with them, you won't get shot just because you don't have any physical prove.

I mean, if that's the case, than I can surely claimed that I've been in a room with sexy Beyonce!


But of course. You won't believe that and would most probably said that the picture is a fake, and that I'm a fake, so who gives the world a crap?

The crazy (or craziest) people that I met recently are labeled crazy for their most unusual crazy dance routine. They are like the most incomprehensible, down-right stupid, crazy, killer-machine like, vigorous dance moves I've ever seen. It could surely fit the description of a Kamikaze (read: dance to kill).

These people, crazy people, moves as if there is no tomorrow. They hardly care if there is an elderly person trying to kill the worm that had lived for 6 minutes in his banana.


Heck, they apparently can't even see the correct way to move. It's like they had lost their capability to coordinate themselves and move in a straight line.

To make it even more simpler and easy-to-digest-ier, let me gives you a simple analogy.

As you can see, in the picture above are some atoms in an unknown element. It is very equivalent to a number of people in a crowd waiting for their favourite band to play their favourite song, which later I believe will only be disappointed as their favourite band seems to play their newest songs which is not our crowd favourite songs. But that is later, not now. For now, lets just cherish the moment. 

 
In this picture, as you can see, there are an enormous amount of fire in the background. The fire here is like the energy given to each of the atoms, in which the energy is given through the songs played by the favourite band. You can see there are many different reactions given by the audience. This may lead to a very bad thing.


 And lastly, due to an enormous amount of wasted energy, these atoms will vigorously move around in order to use the energy gained. This act may be caused by a very deep sense of humility and self-conscious. When a person gives you something, you had to give back to him in whatever ways that suit you. Thus, in a crowd of people in a concert, given that (noises produce by bands = energy gained by atoms), the most appropriate way is to move around vigorously and constantly bumped into another anonymous guy and never did say anything, especially sorry.


This may sound a little like nothing much to be worried about. I mean, it is only colliding. IF that was the problem. These guys, considering that they are the craziest people I've ever met in my life, move constantly around while keeping their hands and feet busy. They kick, punch, and hop like there is boxing competition going on and they are the competitors.

And this kids, are very dangerous. Do not attempt any of those in your life, or consider yourself mentally ill.

You must be wondering where I met all these people. Guess what? Here. In Malaysia.

It is the YOUTHFEST'10!

But it had finished. The festival was going on from 28th of May till the 30th of May, which was last Sunday. I was there as a volunteer. Surprisingly enough, my first ever volunteering job was to walk with known celebrities and be their bodyguards' sidekick. Which was totally awesome! In the same time, very, very tiring.

I know, walking with the stars usually cuts off all those fheggedy tiredness and stuff, but guess what? That is true if you had a mental breakdown every time you met a celebrity. Me, on the other hand, was as normal as a person. Maybe as normal as a person. I don't care.

But what matters about the Youth'10 is not who came there for some exasperating long walk. It is about the events and things going on during the festival. There were tons, and by that I mean hundreds of things going on through out the whole three days.

If you are interested in what happened in the past, pleas click here.
If you are interested in what happening now, please click here.
If you interested in what happening in the future please click here.

What make this event even more memorable and worth-the-world for me is that Ciba Vision  gave out free contact lenses for everybody! And I got two! And I had my eyes coloured for TWO FIRGGING DAYS!

Sadly, there was no photo of any sort taken during my coloured eyes days. Which was very sad for I had a very nice eyes, thanks to Ciba Vision. But whether you believe me or not, believe me, I do not care about it at all.

So yes, that was probably the best three days I had ever had, apart from any other best three days that was also my few bestest days which I did not spent volunteering. And to top it off, I finally made a foreigner friend! She a French lady who is teaching in Chiang Mai, Thailand who is currently couch surfing her way into Malaysia. Whatever it is, Gaelle Linard, good luck!

P/s: Oh, just another quick update. Currently I am supporting this campaign by KFC, known for their undeniably delicious chickens (ummm.... Zinger..). So if you are a fan of KFC, do check out this event by them. Click on the picture below for more information and please do support this campaign for I love KFC!! Thanks a lot!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iqbal...

it seems that u r having great moments with all thos volunteering works..great job, well done..

and people do act crazily when they are feeling crazy..hehe..btw, i got what u mean here and please don't be crazy like them too..=)

always take care of urself

-teacher HUDA -