Thursday, May 13, 2010

CRAP - WHY I LIKE THEM

If you have ever wondered why this post is even here, it is probably because, a) I really don't know why I like the word 'CRAP' itself so this post serves some sort of self-discovery post, b) the word 'CRAP' is almost in every post of mine for the past few weeks, c) 'CRAP' is a beatiful thing, d) I don't really have anything to post today.

One thing that I observed myself doing and kept repeating doing is that once I've typed the title of a certain post I'd continue writing it like there's no tomorrow before regretting ever doing it and then will somehow find an escape goat from the lousiness of my post. Which is great, fortunately.

Now back to topic of today. CRAP. If you have an Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary 7th Edition, (any other dictionary would do, but might have different meaning and/or page), you can turn to page 358 in the C section. There are several words that you can find there that are, in a way or another, associated with the word 'CRAP'. Now let's see...

crapnoun, adj.,verb
  • noun 1 [U] nonsense  2 [U] something of a bad quality  3 [U] criticism or unfair treatment  4 [U] solid waste matter for the bowels
  • adj. (taboo,slang) bad, of a bad quality
  • verb [V] (taboo,slang) to empty the solid waste from the bowels. a more polite way is to use 'to go to the toilet'. A more formal way is 'to empty the bowel'
crappyadj. (crap.pier, crap.piest) [usually before a noun] (slang) of very bad quality    crapsnoun [U] a gambling game played with two dices.    crap.shootnoun1 a game of craps 2 (informal) a situation whose success or result is based on luck rather than on effort or careful organization

And that is what I got from my ol' pal here, Mr. Dictionary. How about we asked his grandchildren opinion on the word crap.  Click here to see what dictionary.com has to say. Or here to see what other people had defined the word crap, from urbandictioanry.com.

Now for the real question, Why I like them? Why I like to use the word crap? Hmp, actually, I don't really know. Maybe it's easy to pronounce, maybe I'm just some guy who like to swear a lot. Whatever. Tghis post is very educational and that makes my head aches. I gotta go. See ya!

No comments: